Print   Bookmark Site   Send this page

Company

ArcelorMittal Vega is an industrial unit specialized in the processing of flat carbon steel. It counts on the most modern equipment and state-of-the-art technology for the processes of surface treatment, cold rolled lamination and galvanization of steel reels.

It has as its principal stockholder the ArcelorMittal Group (75%), one of the world's largest producers of steel, a leader in supplying the automotive industry around the world. The other 25% of the shares are controlled by ArcelorMittal Tubarão, a raw material supplier, (hot rolled laminated reels ), and one of the most modern producers of integrated steel.

The ArcelorMittal Group is a result of the merger of Usinor, Arbed and Acerália in 2002. Its annual production is 47 million tons, with a workforce of 95 thousand employees. In Brazil , the production of Arcelor is divided into three large lines: flat carbon steel, long carbon steel and stainless steel.

With a production capacity of 880 thousand tons annually of cold rolled laminated and galvanized steel, the company is the result of an investment of US$420 million, the largest private investment in the history of the state of Santa Catarina, and generates, in the Vega condominium, about 800 jobs.

The operation of the galvanizing line began in July of 2003. The lines of pickling and laminating started to operate in September and October, respectively, and at the end of 2003 all the lines of the industrial unit were operating. The official inauguration took place on the 27 th of April in 2004 and was part of the commemorations of the 500 th anniversary of the discovery of São Francisco do Sul.

Design Foster Copyright 2007 - ArcelorMittal Vega do Sul